Thursday, January 04, 2007

Day 64 and starting over

I started phase 1 over on Tuesday. I can't believe how much better I feel already.
Sunday at church a guy talked about addictions and breaking free from things. I had already known that I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I started this whole thing to work on that. 5 weeks into it I started feeling like hey I have beaten this thing...I am cured!!
HA! I fell on my face. I don't think I am going to cure myself. I know God is the cure. However, this has taken me 32 years to establish this problem, I don't think I am going to beat it in 64 days. I realize that this is a lifetime thing. I will probably always struggle. As long as there is food in the world I will struggle with wanting to eat it.
I do feel like this (fat smash plan) is the answer for me. I like eating healthier. I feel better physically and the weight loss is pretty nice too.
I also realize that this is a total God thing. I have to be spending time with Him on a regular basis to draw from his strength. I can't do thins thing on my own. When I started thinking that I was doing it, that is when I fell. I need God. I need his grace, mercy and forgiveness.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey girl...I just got your post and I am so proud of you!!! You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

As for linking my blog to yours, I have no idea how to do it! This is my first blog, so I am new at it. If you figure it out let me know and I will link yours too.

Rachel