Friday, December 01, 2006

Day 28

Sorry, I have not posted in so long. I left for Thanksgiving then had a hard time getting back to blogging.
Yes, today is day 28. I can't believe it has been 28 days.
The week of Thanksgiving was tough on the eating, but I did ok. I went to my parents and my mom really tried to cook healthy for me. I did eat a couple of things I should not have, but it was the holiday. I did good until the ride home....I had a bag of homemade cookies in the seat next to me. I was only going to have one, then two, and it turned into 6 I think. I felt pretty bad about it. It was really hard to get back to no sugar stuff after that. It was back in my system and the cravings returned. The good news is I didn't gain any weight that week, however, I didn't loose any either.
I have been trying to work out every day since then. I am eating in phase 2. I don't think I am going to post menu everyday, but I am writing it down for myself. It helps me to know what I have eaten all day. I think I am doing ok, just need to work on the portion size.
Today I treated myself...
I took the kids to the mall. It takes self-control for me to not taste their french fries. Normally I would finish up things they haven't eaten. Or at least taste things that I am giving them...you know we moms have to make sure it is not poison first!
They got cookies for dessert and I decided I needed a treat. I a pumpkin spice coffee from Gloria Jeans. I got it with skim milk and no whip cream. It has been 29 days since my last coffee. We will see what my tummy thinks in a bit. It was absolutely delicious!!!
I miss my coffee drinks. In fact looking at the last 28 days I have only had water and occasional hot tea. I haven't missed the other drinks.
I am feeling good about myself. Clothes are fitting looser these days.
Paul gave me a wonderful comment (makes this all worth it) he told me that he thought I was looking good. It is nice when he notices changes in me. Sometimes you do all this and feel like you are getting no where. I don't see the changes so much. In fact this week I don't see them at all. I weigh in again on Sunday....I hope to see a little change in the scale. I'll let you know.

No comments: