Sunday, December 10, 2006

Day 39

I never thought in a million years I would make it to day 39.
Weigh in day!
My goal was to loose 15 by my birthday- in 2 days....
Well, today the total was 16 lbs!!!! WWWoooohoooo!
I am so excited by this. It is an amazing thing to see that scale go down - not up!
Beyond the weight there is so much more to this.
I am different. I am feeling a taste of freedom. God is doing amazing things with me.
I feel like I have a part of me back that has been in slaved for so long.
I have always been obsessed with food. It has been important - more than it should be. I was depressed most of the time over it. I never felt good about myself because of my over reliance on food to make me happy. I feel like I have been able to break some of those chains away.
I don't feel the internal cravings for food like I used to. I don't feel this need to medicate myself with something sweet. This is an amazing thing. It is beyond my ability to describe.
I am in awe of God and what he can do when we are obedient. I know that he has called me to do this for me and my family. I want to be the person he created me to be. This is a huge wall that is coming down. I know I have a long way to go. I know that I could become prideful and give myself the credit and go back to where I was. I don't want that. I want to be strong. I want to continue to seek him and continue to eat healthy.
I know that many people don't get this and don't understand. They just think hey she lost a few pounds. I wish they could see how much my heart has changed. I pray that the people around me can see the difference. God is stripping me of me.

No comments: